I’m stepping out in confession today to confess that I have worshiped other things in place of my God. I have worshiped…
- The thrill from a tightly-arranged song
- The emotional surge during a corporate worship setting
- Musicians and worship leaders who are better than I am
- My own musical skill
- My reputation among my own congregation
- My reputation among fellow worship leaders and church leaders
- The teaching, planning, and preparation that goes into worship ministry
- Technology and shiny new gadgets
When I really stop and ask the question of what do we worship, I realize that there have been many times where I have placed someone or something as more important than God. I give it more worth at the time, effectively making it the object of my worship instead of my amazing God.
I have worshiped worship itself, and I need to worship Jesus.