Have you been discouraged lately? I have. However, something just occurred to me this morning that is probably obvious to most of you and should have been obvious to me: the results of long-term vision don’t always manifest themselves in seeing big things happen right away.
Sometimes the results are quick, obvious, and full of dramatic impact. However, much more often they are small victories over time that you don’t even notice. So today, I’m celebrating the small results that have slowly impacted our congregation, specifically in my area of ministry and I’d love to share them.
3 and a half years ago we looked like this:
- Two regular piano players and a handful of singers
- An informal audio ministry that consisted of “whoever was willing to do it”
- Meeting in a school doing portable church every Sunday
- Hit-or-miss rehearasals
Today we look like this:
- 6 regular piano players, an organist, 3 acoustic guitarists (and more in the congregation not playing ), one lead guitar (and more in the congregation not playing yet), two percussionists (and more in the congregation not playing yet), almost 20 singers (and more in the congregation not singing yet), and extra instruments from time to time
- An organized audio ministry with a competent leader
- Having our own beautiful facility to meet in
- Consistent rehearsals (for the most part)
- A music planning team that is highly invested in selecting good music for our meetings
Yes, we do still have some bugs and trials to work out with much of the ministry, but looking back at the past 3 and a half years I am amazed and extremely encouraged.
Question: what fruit have you seen God produce in the last few years that is greatly encouraging to you?